Networked Systems and Security
Research on system, network, and data security for cloud and edge computing systems
보안랩에서는 대학원생/학부연구생을 모집합니다.
네트워크 시스템, 클라우드, IoT, 컨테이너 등 다양한 주제를 다루고 있으니 관심 있는 학생은 문의해주기 바랍니다.
We focus on a wide range of cloud and edge computing systems research topics.
Cloud Workload Observability and Security
- Monitor the behavior of cloud workloads
- Enforce security policies to cloud workloads in runtime
- Discover security policies for cloud workloads
Cloud Infrastructure and Security
- Identify various attack vectors in cloud systems
- Secure the communication and control channels
- Complement the security gaps in cloud ecosystems
SDN/NFV and Security
- Identify the security problems across SDN layers
- Design security-enhanced SDN controllers
- Develop security layers in an NFV system
Edge Computing and Security
- Identify the correlations among IoT devices
- Secure the communications between IoT devices
- Protect data at the edge and from edge-to-cloud systems
- Discover security threats in 5G networks
- Provide network slicing for 5G networks
- Provide supply chain security for 5G networks
- Analyze security events to detect cyber threats in real-time
- Respond to security threats automatically
- Construct AI-based security control
(2022-09) “Secure Inter-Container Communications using XDP/eBPF” has been published at IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN).
(2022-09) “Reconfigurable Regular Expression Matching Architecture for Real-time Pattern Update and Payload Inspection” has been published at Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA).
(2022-01) “A Framework for Policy Inconsistency Detection in Software-Defined Networks” has been published at IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN).
(2021-12) “Reinhardt: Real-time Reconfigurable Hardware Architecture for Regular Expression Matching for DPI” has been published at Annual Computer Security Application Conference (ACSAC).
(2021-04) “BottleNet: Hiding Network Bottlenecks using SDN-based Topology Deception” has been published at IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS).
(2020-07) “BASTION: A Security Enforcement Network Stack for Container Networks” has been published at USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC).